Five ways to achieve 8 weeks at the gym
The road to getting in shape is a longer road than many realize. So here are some baby steps to getting the body you want.
1. Find, join, and show up to the gym.
2. Learn how to use the gym equipment properly, safely, and design a workout that meets your body type and the needs you want.
3. Begin the regular showing up and working on the routine. No ideas? Why not try to be boot camp ready? This consist of three items. Sit ups or curl ups, pushups, and running a 1.5 mile (see reference link).
4. Each week’s goal is to finish the routine work out, add weight or reps, and do just a bit more. Yes, one more pushup counts as improvement.
5. Write down your success each week.
After 8 weeks at the gym you may see small changes. You can lift x pounds, do x reps, clothes might start fitting different, and skin may start feeling more toned up. It takes the body time to reflect changes of a work out but you will eventually notice them.
Good job and keep showing up at the gym!
US Navy Ready Fitness Exam. Retrieved fromhttp://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/21st_Century_Sailor/physical/Documents/Guide%205-Physical%20Readiness%20Test.pdf
Author: Lisa Goins PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, RMT is the CEO of Couture Health Care, www.couturehealthcare.org Dr. Goins' Couture Health Care articles covers health, spiritual, holistic news, reviews for nurses and the public. Dr. Goins' book is called "Do You Know Lisa? 2014 Collection of Health Questions, Answers, and Tips" available on Amazon.com and new book "CEO Business Objectives: Health, Wealth, and Success" will be published on 4/2015. Couture Health Care provides house call Nurse Practitioner visits in Southern Ohio.
Mission Statement: "Couturing individual patient's/client's