Changing Health Care Providers
Many times we need to change primary health care providers. We move, we change insurances, or we just want someone else to meet our needs. The reasons to change providers are as endless as the patients that see them.
Now that you have made the decision to change providers, what paperwork will you need for your new health provider? The following steps will be needed to start your new health records with your new provider.
1. Identification. A picture, legal name, social security number, date of birth, and a signature.
2. Payment. Insurance card, credit card, or cash.
3. Getting your former records sent to the new provider. May need for the patient to sign a form at the prior office or new office to get records sent or request. May incur cost for paper forms to be sent if not electronically or faxed.
4. Sign and fill out new information forms for the new office.
5. HIPAA and healthcare releases.
6. Medication list and/or bottles. Including prescription medication, herbs, supplements, and so forth.
Note: If the patient needs to be seen at the ER, urgent care, or other medical office, that records here will not always be sent to your primary care provider. You as the patient have the responsibility to request those records to be sent to your primary provider.
Do plan on your first visit taking time to get a lot of information for your health records in addition to actually being seen. This initial visit begins your health care base line that will help your new provider better care for you.
About the Author:
Lisa Goins PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, RMT is the Founder and CEO of Couture Health Care www.couturehealthcare.org.
Dr. Goins’ health articles are feature a mix of holistic health, wealth, and spiritual news, reviews, and information for health professionals and the public. Dr. Goins is the author of the newly released book Do You Know Lisa? Vol 2, CEO Business Objectives: Health, Wealth, and Success, Do You Know Lisa? Vol 1, and co-author of Dwarven Tavern Story Hooks: Quick Start Story Ideas currently all available for purchase on Amazon in the USA. Dr. Goins sees clients at Couture Health Care, Hamilton, Ohio, USA and can be found on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and on Youtube Channel.
Mission Statement: "Couturing individual patient's/client's