Oregano stops fungal growth?
Oregano comes in several types. Evidence-based research shows that Mexican oregano (Lippia berlandieri Schauer) limits growth of Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Rhizopus sp. There has been some speculation that the antimicrobial activity of oregano is the result of additives mixed with the oregano to make it an essential oil. The addatives are thymol and carvacrol.
Testing was conducted on different percentages of thymol and caracrol mixed with oregano to inhibit growth of fungal in a medium that was a wheat flour. The mixture outcomes resulted no significant results against fungal growth, yet, was effective against mold in the wheat flour medium. The study concluded that the mixture could prevent fungal growth in bakery goods.
The study did focus on the percentages of carvacrol decrease use of 81% to 23% and increase of thyrmol of 3% to 64% with mixtures of oregano.
Oregano is an antiseptic?
It is said that Hippocrates (460 BC-370 BC) used oregano as an antiseptic. Hippocrates is credited with establishing medicine as a profession. Hippocrates stated he felt that disease were caused by naturally and not because of superstitions. Hippocrates knowledge was limited due to laws of the land forbidding dissections of humans. This left Hippocrates focusing on symptoms and treatments of symptoms. Thus, plants and herbs would be considered a way to treat symptoms. One of the types of herbs in the region that Hipporcrates may had to use was oregano.
The question is, does oregano have any antiseptic abilities against bacteria? An evidence-based study of oregano (Origanum syriaca) verses four types of bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter faecalis, Escherichia coli, and Salmonella typhi, demonstrated outcomes resulted in varying antimicrobial susceptibility. Currently more research on extraction and isolation of plant extracts, including oregano, are being considered for new antibacterial agents.
Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is part of the mint family. One teaspoon grounded up is 5 calories. The pH ranges is between 6.0 and 8.0, mild acidic to highly alkaline. This is one reason Oregano is able to help with digestion and stomach upset. It is able to help dilute the acid in the stomach.
Oregano that is of noteable quality will be numbing to the tongue. Cretan oregano (O. dictamnus) oregano has been used for aiding in sore throats and giving short term relief.
Hippocrates used oregano as an antiseptic. He found other uses for oregano in treating respiratory and stomach conditions.
Evidence-based research has shown that oregano has some antibacterial properties with respiratory, stomach, and other types of conditions. Various types of oregano have been tested and different outcomes in length of relief were noted.
In 2014, the United States Federal Government issued warnings to two essential oil companies with branding of oils, including the use of oregano oil.
One of the biggest ways oregano is used in the United States is in pizza.
What are 4 ways to benefit from Reiki Healing?
Clients may choose to have Reiki to help relieve stress
Clients moving through life changes such as lose of love one
Clients may want to have Reiki healing when moving to a new location to help relieve anxiety of the unknown
Clients may wish to have Reiki when visited during house calls to help encourage healing with medical interventions.
What are the four Clairs?
There are four types of clairs that relate to symptoms of experiences. The four are as follows:
Clairvoyance (clear sight)-seeing colors or flashings in the minds’ eye.
Clairaudience (clear hearing)-hearing sounds, buzzing, ringing, etc.
Clairsentience (clear feeling)-feeling tingling in the body parts or temperature
Claircognizance (just knowing)- just knowing something is happening
One example of using clairs is in the explaination of Reiki experiences.
Do you know the 5 Reiki Principles?
Do not be angry
Do not worry
Be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work
Be kind to people
Five History Points on Reiki
1922 Reiki was developed by a Japanese Buddhist named Mikao Usui.
Usui developed Reiki while he was fasting during a sabbatical on Mount Kurama, Japan.
Mount Kurama is located near Kyoto, Japan.
Over 2,000 students learned Reiki from Usui during his life.
Reiki has three levels; beginning, intermediate, master/teacher
Four Thanksgiving Kitchen Ideas
This is where the day starts and ends in the kitchen. Often started early in the morning or even the day before when family arrives and begins prep for the meal. Then ends when the last dish is washed and put away. Meanwhile there is a lot of time between. Ways to help Thanksgiving mean something to everyone is get everyone involved. Over the years, this will develop into a tradition.
1. Give each part of the meal a team. Pick one older person and one younger person so each task is taught and handed down in the family. Such as Dad and Son doing the turkey. Grandma and Granddaughter on peeling potatoes.
2. Dishes and set up. This is a good time for children to learn how to dress a table, where the fork goes, and why it might be cool to sit at the kids table if one or two Uncles and Aunts hang out with them. These Uncles and Aunts might even be more tempted to sit at this table if it involves no dishes to washing later.
3. Clean up. This does not have to be all one person’s job. One person on dishes, glasses, silverware, load/unload the dishwasher or hand wash/dry/put away, with teams putting away food to re-arranging chairs for movies or the game to watch.
4. Then the person who needs the break the most is the one who does the most cooking. One team member is responsible for making sure this person gets breaks and enjoys the holiday. The best person for this job is then next person who will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing like a little orientation before they have to do it all themselves.
Thanksgiving is upon us but our Body Mass Index (BMI) is like OMG! Three things you can do. 1. Drink 8-10 glasses (8 ounces) of water a day. 2. Stay away from anything white: mash taters, stuffing, breads, etc. 3. Half a ladle/spoon instead of the entire ladle/spoon for a serving. 4. Eat as many veggies as you want...no the marshmallows on the sweet taters are a no-no (see #2...marshmallows are white). 5. Go ahead and eat a piece of pumpkin pie...just not the entire pie. Pumpkin pie is less in calories and high in vitamins.
Three Thanksgiving Feng Shui Tips!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. How can you increase your happy mood?
Try Feng Shui!
1. Declutter your entire house. This is not just cleaning but removing anything old, unseasonable, unused, needs washing, and clean off counter/table space.
2. Arrange all your furniture that two or more folks can sit and talk. Arrange areas where folks can sit away from the kitchen. Arrange areas for children to play and have fun.
3. Keep it simple. Keep your menu simple. Allow guest to bring things to embellish the dinner. This way all the main ingredients are there and there is at least one thing they will like if they bring it.
Mission Statement: "Couturing individual patient's/client's